It’s not always easy to tell if you are beginning to lose your hearing, especially if it happens gradually. Sometimes, family members and friends may notice your hearing loss before you do. Common signs of hearing loss include:
- Difficulty hearing others clearly or misunderstanding words, especially when in background noise
- Asking for repetition
- Using speaker while on phone calls
- Listening to the television louder and/or using closed captioning
- Feeling tired from having to concentrate while listening
- Having a sensation of fullness in your ears
Some causes for hearing loss can be treated such as wax removal and ear infections. If you are noticing any of the above situations, it is important to have an evaluation to determine if any hearing loss is present.