The Hearing Center at Jacksonville Hearing and Balance provides comprehensive hearing loss evaluations and hearing aid consultations to help guide you on your journey to better hearing.
The audiologists at The Hearing Center at JHBI offer comprehensive hearing diagnostics to identify and treat hearing loss. Choosing and wearing a hearing aid does not need to be intimidating. As hearing loss professionals, we offer expert knowledge of current hearing aid technologies to make sure we meet your needs the first time:
- A Comprehensive Hearing Evaluation – Our testing is designed to determine whether a hearing loss exists, and if so, the type and severity of the hearing impairment. We use a variety of tests to comfortably and painlessly evaluate the entire auditory system from the outer ear to the hearing organ.
- Comprehensive Hearing Aid Consultation – We review your hearing test and work together to select a hearing aid that fits your listening needs and your lifestyle. You are encouraged to bring your spouse or loved one along to join the discussion.
- A Comprehensive Hearing Aid Fitting – Using evidence-based practice, we will program and verify the prescription in your hearing aids, as well as instruct you on insertion and removal, cleaning and control of the hearing aids.
Our 30-day trial period is designed to make sure you are happy with your new hearing aids and that that they are the right fit for you. If you feel your hearing aids are not completely meeting your expectations, you are welcome to return the devices and receive a refund-that is our guarantee to you!
Walk-In Repair Clinic
If you are experiencing problems with your hearing aid Walk-In clinic is available on Tue from 10am -11:30am and Thurs from 1pm – 2:30pm. No appointment necessary. To make an appointment call the Hearing Center at (904) 399-0350
Enjoy the Benefits of Hearing Better Let’s discuss your case!
Have your hearing aids fit by a licensed Doctor of Audiology
Every audiologist at The Hearing Center holds a Doctorate of Audiology degree, the highest level of education available in the field. Our experts are experienced and comfortable with diagnosing and treating hearing loss, as well as dispensing hearing aids and assistive listening devices. Depending on the results of your hearing evaluation, we may recommend other interventions such as:
- Implantable Hearing Devices, including cochlear implants and osseointegrated hearing aids.
- Custom Hearing Protection, including swim and sleep plugs, hearing protection for shooters, industrial noise, and for motorcyclists, as well as custom-fit ear tips for headphones.
- Tinnitus Consultations & Treatment
And, our patients have access to our walk-in clinic for repairs, maintenance and cleaning of hearing aids, available Tuesday mornings and Thursday afternoons – we are here for you!