A cochlear implant is a hearing device that is implanted in the inner ear to help restore volume and clarity of speech. They lead to better communication with friends and family when hearing aids no longer help. Recent advances in technology have even made it possible to listen on a cell phone through a cochlear implant with ease.
The N7 cochlear implant allows users to
- Connect to iPhone and Android phones to wirelessly stream phone calls and music or videos.
- Use an app to adjust volume and manipulate settings for better hearing in noisy environments.
- Connect to the Apple Watch for seamless volume and program adjustments!
The ‘Connect’ is a small receiver coupled to the battery of a Naida Q90 cochlear implant.
- Connects to any Bluetooth enabled device (iPhone, Android, tablet etc) for easy, hands-free calling.
- A button on the receiver allows the user to answer and hang up phone calls as well as start and stop music and videos.
The ‘AudioLink’ connects to the Sonnet and Rondo 2 cochlear implants.
- Streams phone calls and music or videos from any Bluetooth enabled item.
- Allows the user to make changes to their volume and programs for enhanced listening in various environments.
Cochlear implants can lead to better speech understanding for people who don’t benefit from hearing aids. Evolving technology allows cochlear implant users to further communicate with friends and family.
For more information regarding whether you are a cochlear implant candidate call JHBI at 904-399-0350.